Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
GA is at the leading edge of creating practical solutions to one of the most pressing challenges of our time - the future of work. As recognized by The World Economic Forum, BCG, the OECD and more, these are big challenges to which only a few companies are offering real solutions. In this role, you'll be speaking every day to corporate leaders who rely on GA to help them apply these solutions to their workforce of the future.
We're looking for an Account Director to join our Enterprise team and help initiate and grow some of our most strategic US relationships.
- Drive revenue growth through new business development by deeply understanding how GA can partner best with our clients on an ongoing basis
- Prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations and coordinate and drive the development of sales proposals
- Maintain and build rapport with senior executives to formulate strong, long-term business relationships
- Lead negotiation of prices and contracts, and understands the legal ramification of contracts
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the GA’s product and service offering, pricing structure, contract management parameters, policies, and procedures
- Develop and maintain a pipeline according to targets, and provides clear and accurate reporting of sales outcomes and activities
- Partner across the business with product, legal, finance, and delivery to close deals
- 3+ years of sales experience preferably enterprise sales experience
- Ability to manage complex and lengthy sales cycles
- The ability to identify client challenges, and develop creative solutions in close collaboration with clients
- The ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with Fortune 500 decision-makers (typically SVP level)
- A demonstrable track record of high performance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Experience creating complex client proposals
- An entrepreneurial mindset and practice: you enjoy working as part of a small team, rapidly iterating on strategy, and getting your hands dirty to build something great
- This role requires significant travel, up to 50% of the time.
- Drives for Results
- Manages Complexity
- Action Oriented
- Command Skills
- Situational Adaptability
- Self Awareness
The anticipated annualized salary range for this position in the US market is $82,000 and $120,000. Salary will be determined based on experience, education, geographic location, and other factors. If hired as a regular full-time employee, this position will include a variable compensation plan which could be a bonus or a commission.
US benefit offerings for full-time employment may include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits, wellness plans & reimbursement and retirement programs. Available paid leave may include paid time off, parental leave and holiday pay.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.