Director, Enterprise Sales
Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Director - Enterprise Sales (North America) in General Assembly (GA) is a senior sales leader role accountable for sales performance, the profitable achievement of sales goals, and aligning sales objectives with Enterprise business strategy.
This role is responsible for developing the U.S. strategic sales plans based on Enterprise goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. The Director will oversee a team of Senior Account Directors for large enterprise market teams focusing on multiple growth industries.
The Director - Enterprise Sales (U.S.) will report to the SVP, Head of Enterprise and align their team’s objectives with global sales strategy through active participation in strategic planning & execution.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, front line sales leader, managing day to day sales discipline, forecasting & pipeline management. You will be a proven leader with in-depth industry experience and a true passion for serving clients’ Workforce Transformation needs (through Customized Instructor-Led Training and Talent Pipeline Solutions). You must have exceptional people management skills, a record of building high-performance teams and outstanding relationships with internal and external customers. A strong work ethic and proactive communication skills that encourage courageous conversations are a must.
You will establish and maintain productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers and prospects. You will be accountable for sales strategy development, sales organization design, forecasting, sales resource planning, strategic direction for promotion and advertising, sales growth, and customer satisfaction and budgeting. You will provide leadership to the sales team while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
Must have a deep understanding of developing a methodology to oversee the setting of revenue, account, and market share growth objectives while leading a team to achieve these objectives.
Requirements and Experience:
- Substantial experience and positive track record for leading a sales organization in the US, including a proven record of consultative sales success with large national and global accounts
- Strong experience in developing long term sales strategy and go-to-market plan
- Aggressive competitor in new business arena and winning business must matter to this individual
- Proven track record of growing both existing and new service offerings
- Ability to harness and align internal resources to drive sales growth
- Ability to create processes & harness tech for driving efficient and strategic sales activities
- Senior C-suite network throughout the US large enterprise, specifically fortune 500-1000
- Experience in developing and managing senior stakeholders at C level
- Experience in conducting monthly/quarterly/yearly strategic business reviews with senior stakeholders
- Lead negotiation of prices and contracts, and understand the legal ramifications of contracts
- Strong ‘bottom-line’ financial orientation, as well as sales orientation balanced with solid general management skills
- Experience in selling bespoke and standard off the shelf products
- Experience with hiring and building strategic sales teams
- Highly organized, disciplined and success-motivated
- Must know about competitors/competitive programs and of the GA differentiators that enable us to sell and close business successfully
- Ability to travel in the US as and when required
- 7+ years of experience managing engagements and projects with large companies
($10m+) and/or driving enterprise sales & growth
- Comfortable working with and selling to VP, SVP, and C-level clients at large companies (private and public)
- Excels at designing and articulating complex client proposals
- Is organized and capable of managing a robust pipeline of business development, sales, and partnership opportunities.
- Familiar with competitors/competitive programs and of the GA differentiators that enable us to sell and close business successfully
- Must have experience hiring, developing, and leading a team of 10 or more Account Executives
- Builds Effective Teams
- Business insight
- Drives vision and purpose
- Ensures accountability
- Manages complexity
- Strategic Mindset
The anticipated annualized salary range for this position in the US market is $117,000 and $160,000. Salary will be determined based on experience, education, geographic location, and other factors. If hired as a regular full-time employee, this position will include a variable compensation plan which could be a bonus or a commission.
US benefit offerings for full-time employment may include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits, wellness plans & reimbursement and retirement programs. Available paid leave may include paid time off, parental leave and holiday pay.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.