Data Skills Coach: Enterprise Programs
Correlation One is an education technology company building the workforce development platform of the future.
We close skill gaps for enterprises, governments and individuals, while empowering disenfranchised segments of the workforce. By providing training-to-job programs that are 100% free for learners, we eliminate traditional barriers to opportunities. We are committed to helping enterprises like Amazon, Walmart, Prudential, Citadel, Colgate, Johnson & Johnson, Target, Merck and others reskill their workforces to prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow. We build community-oriented, jobs-first learning experiences that offer a human touch and leverage technology to create best-in-class outcomes for everyone.
Each program is taught by industry leaders and experts, professors and teaching assistants, delivered virtually to cohort-based learning communities. We currently run over 12 types of programs for 12,000+ learners each year in 10+ countries, and we plan to grow 5-10x in the next two years.
Correlation One is proud to be ranked #6 in LinkedIn's Top Startups 2022 list and a Fast Company’s World Changing Idea winner. Join us as we build the workplace development platform of the future!
We are seeking talented Data Skills Coaches for our upcoming Enterprise Programs. This is part-time, contract position and we anticipate about 10-12 hours of work per week. You would need to be available for a 1.5-2 hour live session each week (times vary). We are currently hiring for programs that will later in Q1 and Q2 of 2024.
We are preparing to launch one of our enterprise programs, focused on data storytelling. Learners in this program come from a decision sciences background and this program will be geared toward upskilling their knowledge. The program will specifically focus on areas such as data storytelling, data visualization, and effective communication with non-technical stakeholders. The goal is to empower decision scientists to leverage data effectively and to help their commercial counterparts make informed, data-driven decisions. We are looking for talented teaching assistants to support learners in this program.
Class support on lecture days
- Monitor appropriate Slack channels and answering questions
- Support any participants who are experiencing technical issues accessing training platform or materials
- Take attendance during office hours.
- Hold Team Office Hours via Zoom weekly with project teams
- Hold Individual Office Hours via Zoom weekly with Fellows in your group so participants can ask you additional questions
- Lead on Capstone Project Presentation day at the end of the program (More details to come)
Class support on non-lecture days:
- Monitor your Slack channel to answer questions
- Review the materials for the week so you are prepared to answer questions
- Contribute to course design improvement through thoughtful feedback to Correlation One team
- Participate in the weekly C1 meeting (time TBD)
- Submit weekly write-ups summarizing the week’s accomplishments and challenges. This is due by Monday at 8pm EST each week
- Monitor the Forum and #extra-help channel on Slack throughout the day to answer particpants’ questions
- Hold live office hours during weekdays (If needed)
- 5+ years of experience in data-focused role
- Experience with Tableau and Data Visualization
- Ability to communicate how GenAI can be applied to various business contexts
- Weekday Availability
Where you are
- This role is remote and can be located anywhere that is compatible with EST time zone. We are headquartered in New York City and have office space in Midtown Manhattan.
- The estimated compensation for this role is $40-$50/hr.
Correlation One’s Commitment
Correlation One is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Correlation One provides a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions at Correlation One are based solely on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants to bring their unique skills, experiences, and outlook to our work environment.