Correlation One is an education technology company building the workforce development platform of the future.
We close skill gaps for enterprises, governments and individuals, while empowering disenfranchised segments of the workforce. By providing training-to-job programs that are 100% free for learners, we eliminate traditional barriers to opportunities. We are committed to helping enterprises like Amazon, Walmart, Prudential, Citadel, Colgate, Johnson & Johnson, Target, Merck and others reskill their workforces to prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow. We build community-oriented, jobs-first learning experiences that offer a human touch and leverage technology to create best-in-class outcomes for everyone.
Each program is taught by industry leaders and experts, professors and teaching assistants, delivered virtually to cohort-based learning communities. We currently run over 12 types of programs for 12,000+ learners each year in 10+ countries, and we plan to grow 5-10x in the next two years.
Correlation One is proud to be ranked #6 in LinkedIn's Top Startups 2022 list and a Fast Company’s World Changing Idea winner. Join us as we build the workplace development platform of the future!
You will be responsible for one of our customer facing applications. These applications are built around one or more customer personas such as trainees, educators, program administrators or employers. You will be required to have a deep understanding of your customer personas while building out the technology to cater to their needs. You will own end-to-end technology from frontend web and mobile surfaces to backend services to databases and everything in between to deliver a delightful customer experience.
Our Engineering Managers create a culture of craftsmanship and engineering excellence in their teams. They own the team-level goals and are responsible for delivering these goals while working closely with Product Management, Design and other stakeholders. They take a long-term approach towards building the technology their team owns and take on short-term debt judiciously to deliver on the roadmap needs. They have a deep understanding of operational excellence and leverage it as a tool to promote an outstanding developer experience on their team.
Our Engineering Managers mentor and coach their teams to bring out the best in them. They have a high bar for hiring and promoting people. They are excellent communicators who present their team’s work routinely and succinctly to the Product and Engineering leadership. They are skilled negotiators who collaborate closely with their cross-functional peers across the company to ensure that the customer needs, the timelines and standards of engineering excellence are met by all of their deliverables.
- Drive the multi-year vision for technology for the application team
- Present the vision / team roadmap to the Product and Engineering leadership
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, Operations and Content teams to develop a quarterly roadmap for all your teams
- Drive Engineering and Operational Excellence in your team
- Build a high-performance and delivery-oriented culture while keeping a high bar for technical deliverables in your team
- Participate deeply and own all the architectural decisions for your team
- Hire, manage and grow individual contributors from entry-level to Staff Engineers
- 3+ years experience in engineering management
- Deep experience in delivering software iteratively utilizing agile best practices; ability to coach and create high-performing team to deliver software
- Deliver solid results under tight deadlines and under-specified requirements
- Business acumen to understand customer personas and their requirements beyond the written
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of 8+ high-caliber engineers directly as first-line manager
- Experience leading teams working on large scale distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of services offered by one or more cloud infrastructures such as GCP/AWS
- Strong understanding of cloud design patterns for scalability, resiliency, responsiveness
- Proven ability to drive coding standards, devops and deliver high quality software
- Familiarity with modern data architectures and data management
- Formal education (Masters or Bachelors) in a technical discipline
Where you are
- This role is remote and can be located anywhere that is compatible with the EST time zone. We are headquartered in New York City and have office space in Midtown Manhattan.
How we support our people
- Insurance or subsidies based on country
- Retirement plan based on country
- Unlimited Time Off, with a minimum time off recommendation
- 10 company-paid holidays
- Official company-wide holiday for the last week of the calendar year
- Access to free data skills training through our programs
- A company culture that empowers individuals and embraces diversity through its core mission
The compensation range for this position is specific to location and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions. These factors include (but are not limited to) location, experience, education and skill sets. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $85,000-$125,000 USD. The range only reflects the base salary and does not reflect bonus, equity or benefits.
Correlation One’s Commitment
Correlation One is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Correlation One provides a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions at Correlation One are based solely on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants to bring their unique skills, experiences, and outlook to our work environment.