Manager of Employer Relations
The Employee Relations Manager will serve as the primary contact for employers and community partners as the university expands internship and job placement opportunities for students. The Manager will initiate and cultivate relationships with external partners and facilitate a seamless handoff to appropriate staff to implement programs and partnerships. To this end, the Manager will facilitate a process with campus partners such Career Counselors, Experiential Learning, Ministry and Outreach, Alumni, and Advancement. This position is responsible for managing the development of partnerships between Barry University and external communities (corporations, the public sector and non-for-profit entities) to expand the number of experiential learning, internship full-time and part-time employment opportunities for Barry University students.
Design and deliver a plan for strategic partnerships that advance the university’s external relations, with a focus on employment and internship placements:
- Work closely with the Associate Director for Career Development to establish an internal system that tracks all current and prospective partnerships.
- Facilitate relationships between external and campus partners, including career development team, community engagement, alumni relations, and service learning.
- Create a funnel of internship and employment opportunities with established priorities based on student interest and market trends.
- Design a system to track and document external relationships, prospect list, placements, students, and career related touchpoints.
- Expand placement for internships and part time or full time jobs for students.
- Increase the presence of employers on campus through meetings, information session, etc.
- Visit employers' sites, attending networking and/or professional association functions.
Serve as a member of the Career Development unit with a focus on career readiness, internships, and job placement:
- Administer the Employer Relations tools in the Handshake platform.
- Expand the use of Forage (job simulator) program through curriculum integration, campus events, incentives, and student engagement partnerships.
- Implement strategies, campus events, and marketing campaigns based on student enrollment data by major, college, and school with a clear pathway to industry partners for internships, job shadowing, and externships.
- Contribute toward department goals, budget proposals, reports, and assessment plans.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, represent the department on university committees, events, and collaborative initiatives as needed.
Provide event and program support for the Career Development staff:
- Assist with the implementation of career events, including career fairs, company information sessions, on campus workshops and interview days, internship awareness week, etc.
- Lead employer outreach aspects of on-campus speakers/panels and career and job fairs.
Assist with the graduation survey process, including outcomes assessment, and track first destination of graduate, utilization of services, employer and student satisfaction, and other career related data.
A Bachelor's degree in any field is required
A Master's degree in any field is preferred
1-3 years of work-related experience is required
Advanced experience using MS Office, SharePoint, Corq
Analyze employers needs with student skills
Plan and organize career fairs and events
Update Career Management System Handshake
Maintain database of employers
Excellent communication skills to meet with and correspond with employers
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.