Virtual Medical Director - Pulmonology & Sleep
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2023
Assure Health was founded on a simple principle: People deserve high-quality healthcare every day, not just when they are in the doctor’s office. Everyday care is our company North Star.
For our patients, everyday care comes to life through our chronic disease management programs, which combine leading-edge, yet patient-friendly, technology with real, dedicated care providers. Our programs keep patients healthy, provide the peace-of-mind that comes with regular clinician contact, prevent avoidable hospitalizations, and improve outcomes at lower costs. We are partners with major health organizations and serve thousands of patients in all 50 states.
For our employees, everyday care looks like our fun and collaborative work environment, competitive salaries, and generous benefits. Join us at Assure Health and be part of our mission to improve the lives of millions of patients, families, and caregivers while transforming healthcare delivery.
We’re not just a healthcare company. At Assure Health, we keep people healthy. Because we care.
In your crucial role as the Medical Director of Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine, you will lead our clinical team in delivering exceptional patient care, fostering innovation, and enhancing services in pulmonology and sleep medicine. Your leadership will be the beacon guiding the department towards medical excellence and groundbreaking practices in patient care. Through collaboration, influence, and vision, you will ensure that our services in pulmonology and sleep medicine are not only innovative but also seamlessly integrated into our comprehensive healthcare approach, making a monumental impact on the lives of our patients.
- Lead and guide the pulmonology and sleep medicine team through operational excellence and clinical advancements
- Lead virtual patient diagnostics and participating in remote treatment planning
- Facilitate seamless coordination with other medical disciplines to ensure integrated care pathways
- Lead in strategic planning and implementation of new initiatives and standards within the department.
- Foster professional growth among staff, promoting educational advancement, and maintaining a high level of clinical excellence.
- Enhance collaborative relationships within the community and among different departments to facilitate comprehensive patient care.
- Engage in administrative responsibilities, ensuring seamless operations and adherence to compliance standards.
Skills & Qualifications:
- MD or DO with board certification in Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine
- A minimum of 10 years of clinical experience in pulmonology and sleep medicine, with at least 5 years in a leadership position
- Demonstrated proficiency in virtual patient diagnostics and the development of remote treatment plans
- Experience in telemedicine required
- Startup experience preferred.
- Commitment to delivering exceptional patient care in a multidisciplinary setting
- Strong communication, organizational, and strategic planning skills
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- Ability to foster a collaborative and innovative departmental culture
Assure Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and values diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.