Customer Care Team Lead
We are seeking a Customer Care Team Lead to join our team!
The Customer Care Team Lead will provide front-line, direct contact with clients and customers. In this role, you will provide coaching and development to up to 20 Customer Care team members. This is principally done through receiving or placing telephone calls; however, mail, express delivery, fax, and other electronic methods (e-mail) are also possible means of communication. Uses a computerized system for tracking, gathering information, and troubleshooting the items the client/customer raised. Recognizes consistent problem areas and reports to a higher level for action. Seeks to retain accounts and suggest and encourage using other services and products. Depending on the location, they may promote and sell products and services and enter or confirm sales. Responds promptly. Follow standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgment in responding to customers.
This is a remote position.
The schedule will be Monday through Friday, 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Overtime and/or Saturday hours may be required.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Led, organize, motivate, and coordinate the day-to-day flow activities of associates that perform the duties required of a Customer Care Specialist or Sr. Customer Care Specialist to ensure deadlines/service level agreements are met
- Act as an SME for the department to answer procedural questions and assist in resolving complex or escalated issues
- Assist with inbound/outbound activity and assigned projects
- Ensure cooperation and coordination with other departments in the company
- Utilize team, procedures, trending, and call center reporting knowledge to recommend process improvements and efficiency gains
- Ability to work in multi-client/functional environments
- Assist in developing revised standards and methods
- Handle highly escalated supervisory-type calls and other temporary assignments
- Mentor team based on low production or quality results
- Oversee training of new hires and associate cross-training initiatives, in addition to creating and facilitating training as needed
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma/GED required
- A minimum of 3 years of customer service in insurance, banking, finance, mortgage lending, or related experience
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated leadership experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Knowledge of all the duties of the Customer Care Specialist and Sr. Customer Care Specialist positions
- Strong computer skills (ability to create, edit, and analyze spreadsheets)
- Advanced skills in effective listening and communication (verbal/written) with internal and external personnel/customers/clients
- Subject matter expert on customer care procedures, call processing & soft skill techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize and plan to meet goals
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Works well in a fast-paced/high-stress environment
- Ability to adapt quickly and encourage others to do the same
- Works well in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Expert thinking outside the box to resolve complex/escalated problems
- Ability to effectively relay accurate and detailed information to various parties via inbound and outbound telephone calls, team meetings, training sessions, and clients
- 3 years customer service in an insurance, banking, finance, mortgage lending or related experience
- 2 years demonstrated leadership experience
Pay Range:$20,03 - $33,05
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.