Customer Service Representative
Overview of Position
The role of a Customer Service Representative is a key position within Assurant because you are the voice of our organization and our clients.
You are highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact, and Assurant is very much invested in your success in this role. Providing excellent customer service is top priority for us!
The Customer Experience is at the forefront of all you do, exceeding expectations at every turn. You are a listener, problem solver and believe in quality. You enjoy being on the phone and customers hear your smile as you patiently help them find resolution.
What makes us different?
- We have various work schedules and pay shift differentials for night and weekend hours worked.
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement available after 6 months, up to $5000/annually
- Competitive paid time off, including holidays
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Receive in-bound calls from customers and provide superior service
- Listen to our customer’s concerns, solve problems, answer questions and work with them to find a resolution while showing empathy
- Because every customer is different, we expect you to take the initiative to truly understand our customers current challenges, solve them, and use your expertise to proactively help them avoid future challenges
Note: This position does not involve cold calling/outbound calls related to solicitations, contract upgrades or sales of any kind
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- 0-3 years of prior experience in a customer-facing role
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Great communication skills, a love for talking to people and ability to WOW customers on every call
- Relentless drive to own the customers problem and ability to think outside of the box to resolve them
- Ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task using technology
- Assurant provides a paid comprehensive training program to equip you with the tools and knowledge to meet our customers’ needs. As a condition of employment, you must attend all the required training to achieve an optimal learning experience and qualify for this role.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office demands
- This is a Full-time job. Assurant's hours of operation are 7 days a week, Monday through Sunday, 365 days per year including holidays. Work schedules are generally set for several months at a time but are subject to change based on business needs and we have periodic shift bids that help determine your work schedule. Interested candidates must have a reasonable degree of schedule availability and flexibility to work varying schedules throughout the year.
Pay Range: $14.04-$21.76. The posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Pay Range:$14.36 - $22.25
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.