The Auditor is responsible for the understanding and evaluation of the internal control and risk environment within Assurant, Inc. as assigned and includes (but not limited to) the following objectives:
- Participate on audit teams and perform control testing in compliance with established audit methodology while meeting all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Participate in Internal Audit professional practice activities to improve the department’s ability to fulfill its charter.
- Required: BS/BA degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (preferably in Business Management, Accounting, Finance, or related field)
Knowledge and Skills
- General business knowledge
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: o SOX /SOC / MAR and other regulatory compliance o Finance, accounting, insurance, accounting systems, automated testing tools, etc.
- Ability to analyze data, identify root causes and propose reasonable solutions that manage risk
- Ability to write clearly and be focused on actionable and reasonable results
- Ability to document work performed to enable external re performance
- Ability to think critically through recognizing assumptions, evaluating arguments, and drawing conclusions
- Ability to maintain composure and deliver results while under pressure managing multiple assignments and priorities
- Ability to learn quickly and apply abstract ideas to achieve measurable results
- Ability to use simple data analytical tools (Excel, etc.) to analyze data
- 1-2 years of experience in internal or external audit, operations, accounting, or general business analysis
- Experience in formal communications (written and oral)
- Experience in collecting and analyzing complex data, recognizing assumptions, evaluating information, and drawing logical conclusions