Data Services Intern
Data Services Intern, Assurant Global Data Analytics
Assurant is seeking Computer Science or Engineering undergraduates, graduates and PHD’s to join the ‘Data Services’ team under its Global Data Analytics organization for its internship program.
What We Bring to you:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Workplace flexibility and an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of positive coaching and mindful mentoring.
- Assurant’s culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Impact You'll Make:
- Help continue to build hyperscale ‘Data platform’.
- Help build data centric applications to implement Machine Learning and AI solutions.
- Assist with development and deployment of ‘Data as a Service’ capability.
- Create user process documentations and operational instruction material.
What You'll Bring:
- Undergraduate, Graduate or PHD in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge or interest in Business Analysis and Requirements Gathering
- Knowledge or willingness to learn and apply Agile practice and Scrum methodologies.
- Strong problem solving, conceptualization, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of modern enterprise data architectures, design patterns, and data toolsets and the ability to apply them.
- Basic understanding of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI technologies
- Understanding of any Cloud Service vendor platforms such as: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Wes Services, Google Cloud Platform, or others.
For those interested in programming we expect to:
- Either have knowledge or interest as full-stack application developer: backend database, web services, UI and APIs
- Have knowledge on distributed data platforms, like Spark (highly preferred), Hadoop, and HBase
- Some proficiency in SQL, Python or Scala, and working knowledge in one or more languages, such as: Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, PowerShell
- Familiarity with containerization in Docker and hosting platform such as Kubernetes
For those interested in Business Analysis, we expect to:
- Have knowledge of relational database concepts
- Be Proficient in creating queries using Microsoft SQL
- Have knowledge of requirements gathering practices.
- Have an understanding of Agile concepts
- Have an understanding of basic Data-warehousing concepts
- Great communication and time management skills.
- Great documentation skills