Business Unit Systems Analyst II
The Business Unit Systems Analyst (BUSA) is a self-starter with the desire to be a critical member of our growing Operations Technology team in an Agile environment. The Business Unit Systems Analyst strives to produce high quality work through collaboration with the team while making a difference through individual contributions to ensure project success for our team and our clients. As a Business Unit Systems Analyst, you will work directly with end-users to solve production support issues, analyze and document root cause and impact analysis of system problems. The Business Unit Systems Analyst maintains a broad understanding of business processes and related systems/interfaces and is called upon to provide strategic input when necessary. This position resides in a matrix environment and supports a large-scale distributed, complex technical platform.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Provide general customer and IT support for assigned business applications; works with the user and technical staff to identify the source of problems; develops effective resolutions
- Research and respond to inquiries and system change requests from various quality and business partners
- Execute in-depth root cause and impact analysis of reported system issues and understand their validity against defined operational/technology processes and procedures
- Analyze data to determine business problems, trends, or opportunities for process improvements
- Support daily system and operational control report monitoring
- Conduct in depth research using multiple tools including various Assurant systems, SQL, Client servicing systems
- Work directly with various levels of business partners, Product Owners and Technical Product Owners to explain SSP system responses and processes
- May be called upon to create User Stories at the request of the Product Owner
- Maintain knowledge of business functionality and technical platforms as business climate and technology platforms evolve
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience in a Business Analyst/Business Unit Systems Analyst role; insurance or financial services background is helpful but not required
- East Coast time availability
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Ability to quickly learn & adapt to new applications and systems
- Working knowledge of Data Analysis and/or relational databases; Understanding SQL and writing case statements is a plus
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills, as well as proficiency in documentation
- Desire to work in an Agile environment where priorities and deadlines may change regularly
- Experience interpreting moderate to complex workflow processes
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritize diverse elements of complex projects for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results
- Effective communicator with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to follow up in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Visio with strong focus on MS Excel