AI/Data Science Intern
We are seeking multiple AI/Data Science Interns to join our team! Positions require knowledge in AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Generative AI. Assurant provides an excellent learning environment for Interns. They will assist the Advanced Data Analytics team to develop deeper analytical tools for our clients and implement creative internal solutions for specific business problems.
In this opportunity the intern has the potential to gain experience, enhanced skill sets, and competencies that will make them more prepared for future roles.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
Conduct Analysis/Development 80%
- Exposure to corporate environments
- Critical thinking & problem-solving Skills
- Hands-on experience in Python, Scala, R, SQL, SharePoint, Power BI/Tableau
- Process and analyze industrial level data on big data platforms including Hadoop, TensorFlow, Spark, CUDA and more
- Derive insights from enriched content data set that are actionable for the business
- Design, develop, and implement novel deep learning, computer vision and language modeling algorithms for unique use cases
- Develop Large Language Model/Generative AI capabilities and evaluate LLM models on statistical tests, business metrics and bias
- Design and build novel/custom neural networks architectures
- Evaluate accuracy and quality of the designed models as well as data sources
Project Management 20%
- Build PowerPoint presentations and present insights from given analyses to the leadership team
- Participate in brainstorm sessions in the development of new solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Assist in the development of process mapping, standard operating procedures and work instructions
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum of 2nd year completed and currently enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Management, Information Systems, or related program of study. Master’s (or higher) degree candidates will also be considered
- 2 years of strong Excel, Power BI/Tableau and PowerPoint experience
- Familiarity with Python or R and relevant libraries (NumPy, Pandas, Sciki-Learn, Matplotlib, Seaborn, etc.)
- Data cleaning and transformation capabilities
- General understanding of data science process flow
- Proficient with SQL Query language and relevant techniques (tables, indexing, filtering, joins, Window functions, etc.)
- Understanding of advanced Statistics, Probability, Machine and Deep Learning algorithms
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and possess excellent follow up skills
- Must be organized and work well with constant priority changes
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor
- Sustains a positive outlook and views challenges as opportunities
- Analytical/strategic thinker
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and perform tasks with less than complete information
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both written and verbally
- While working remotely, you are required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 25 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 15 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Currently pursuing a Master or Ph.D. degree program in the following fields: Computer Science, Mathematical Sciences - Applied Mathematics or Statistics, Data Analytics, Data Science, Computational Physics or Operations Research, or equivalent fields
- Strong hands-on capabilities, familiar with Windows and/or Linux operations systems and applications
- Proficient in one or multiple programming languages in Python, C++, Scala are preferred
- Experience in advanced data analytics and visualization tools including Microsoft Office Suite, Power BI/Tableau, Django, Flask, TensorFlow.js, etc.
- Experience in SQL/NoSQL, Digital Analytics, Machine learning, and knowledge of data management/warehousing are highly desired
- 1+ year of related work experience or equivalent project experience
- Experience with big data, deep learning frameworks and cloud computing platforms, like Spark, CUDA, TensorFlow, Keras, OpenCV, Azure, AWS, GCP
- Experience with containerization technologies in Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Research and development experience in the field of Prompt Engineering, Large Language Models (LLM) and Generative AI
The target pay for this intern role is $19.00/hr - $22.00/hr. The amount may differ due to a wide range of factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location.
Pay Range:$0.00 - $0.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.