Business Intelligence Developer
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for supporting Data Model solutions that conform to group standards which will include investigation for development and production data issues. This role will collaborate with other team members in support activities.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of Data Models and Power BI Datasets.
- Responsible for ensuring data quality and accuracy of data between the Power BI Datasets and Data Warehouse.
- Liaise with business and the IT resources to investigate and resolve production issues
- Gains working knowledge of related source data systems and tool sets
- Participate at regularly scheduled meetings with internal production support team and our business users as needed
- Review and maintain all solution documentation.
- Work in high paced environment in support of broad range of technical solutions.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- 2+ years of data modeling experience using SQL Server BI Stack
- Experience with the Power BI stack
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related subjects
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Skilled in data modeling and Entity Relationship Diagram
- Strong hands-on knowledge of SQL to perform data-analysis and writing ad-hoc queries
- Working experience with Power BI Stack
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Knowledge of Excel, MS word, MS PowerPoint
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/