L1/L2 Help Desk Technician for MSP
South Florida Tech Hub
We’re after amazing people to help us make amazing things happen.
Our mission at Dedicated IT is to help people and organizations be better tomorrow than they are today. We believe in our employees, their goals and aspirations, their morals and culture, even their preferred soda of choice (you should see our break fridge). It is our mission to create a fun and hard-working environment for each one of them. We believe in a good healthy mixture of work and play in our daily activities where our employees feel at home and part of our family. We feel strongly that this gives our customers the best experience when interacting with any of our team members from service to sales.
I get it… Dedicated IT is awesome. But, what’s the position all about…?
We are seeking a person to add to our rockstar service desk team. Your team is responsible for answering inbound calls from clients spread across nearly all 50 states. While primarily focused on “quick hit” tickets, you must have a strong technical background. Your number one priority is to provide excellent customer service to our cherished clients. People don’t call our service desk because they are having a great day; they’re calling because a key piece of technology isn’t working for them, and it’s frustrating. Your job is to keep them happy AND fix their technology problem at the same time.
How do I know if I’m a good fit for this job?
It’s pretty simple, really. Be nice. Be friendly. Be smart. Don’t stop until it’s fixed.
- You must have a bright, bubbly personality that will help defuse the situation.
- You need great listening skills so that you can get a clear reading of the root of the problem (we don’t like fixing symptoms here).
- You must enjoy handling a high volume of phone calls with clients.
- You need excellent documentation skills so that you can create a case in our ticketing system.
- You need excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- You have fantastic interpersonal skills including communication, empathy & patience, quick problem solving, organization, critical thinking, self-awareness, humility, motivation, diligence, charisma, driven, and have excellent time management.
- You need a solid foundation of technology skills – this means you probably have at least two to three years in the IT industry already.
- You have worked at an MSP for at least 1 year.
- You have exceptional customer service skills and have some experience in a computer retail store.
- You need to be a sponge. Success depends on your ability to soak up knowledge as you are moving from client to client and technology to technology.
- Your Google skills are on point. It’s not always about what you know, but how quick you are at finding a solution when you don’t know. However, you need to know when to throw in the towel, and ask for help from the Advanced Support / Escalations team.
- You have the ability to work well under pressure – be quick on feet to do well in our fast-paced atmosphere with a high sense of urgency.
- You have a positive attitude and are supportive and respectful to your co-workers.
- You live within 30 miles of our headquarters in Lake Park, FL and can reliably commute to this location.
- Share the same core values as Dedicated IT – 1) Attack challenge with action and innovation 2) Deliver results and are obsessed with excellence 3) Value partnership over profit 4) Have fun and let your hair down (we work hard but have fun doing it!).
What specific skills should I have?
- Microsoft Windows (Setup and Troubleshooting)
- PC Hardware troubleshooting
- Experience in line of business applications. (Setup and troubleshooting)
- Active Directory (Administration)
- Office 365 suite (Setup, Administration and Troubleshooting)
- Firewall/Security (Network) – (Administration)
- VPN Applications – (Setup and Troubleshooting)
- Printers/Scanners (Network and local) – (Setup and Troubleshooting)
- MFA – Multi-factor Authentication (Troubleshooting)
- Mobile/Cell Management (Setup and troubleshooting) – For example: Email setup and troubleshooting on cell phone.
- Must have L2 Help Desk experience or be a very advanced L1.
- Troubleshooting firewalls, servers, and networking
- Answering all incoming phone calls from clients and working to resolve the issue in 20 minutes or less
- Creating cases inside of Salesforce and documenting request or incident details such as category, subcategory, and type of incident or request
- Escalating to Service Desk Advocates requests or incident cases that exceed 20 minutes of holding time with detailed notes of attempted remediations and recommended solutions
- Ensuring users entrust that you care about their request and incidents
- Identifying possible Major Incidents and notifying Service Delivery Manager immediately
- Maintaining poise and patience while handling stressful situations
- Closing a minimum of 10 cases a day
- Background in technical or documentation writing
- Microsoft certifications
- Network certifications
- Leadership experience
- $40,000 – $55,000 depending upon experience. (Jr. level Help Desk to Sr. level Help Desk.)
- Health & Dental Benefits
- 401K plus company match
- Life Insurance
- 8 paid company holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Class C partnership options plan
- Opportunities for growth & development and a fun atmosphere!
- And more
Please submit your resume & application via the ZipRecruiter Link provided.
Thanks for your interest in Dedicated IT!
Equal Employment Opportunity: Dedicated IT is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.