Applications Developer - eCommerce/Oracle
South Florida Tech Hub
The Applications Developer – eCommerce/Oracle is responsible for technical design, implementation, and support for Garden of Life’s eCommerce and Oracle EBS platforms. Partners with Business Analysts to translate business and functional requirements into technical requirements and design. Performs integrations, executes new and existing processes, and assists with security and user access for eCommerce, Oracle EBS, and SaaS Cloud applications. Assists in creating and maintaining test sets and provides training, support, and user guides for the business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design, develop, implement, and test updates and enhancements to the GoL eCommerce and Oracle EBS platforms. Partner with Business Analysts to obtain business requirements from internal customers across the business and outside consulting resources (as needed), and translate into technical requirements and design. Serve as a resource for other applications where technical expertise is required. Assist with functional requirements as needed.
- Execute new and existing processes for eCommerce, Oracle EBS, and SaaS Cloud applications utilizing GoL project methodology, ensuring proper quality assurance is executed. Work with Business Analysts in creating and maintaining library of test sets to be used for project implementation, patching, support, and upgrades. Create user guides allowing users to run reports independently and provide training as requested.
- Coordinate enhancements and support to eCommerce website and related integrations. Provide internal and external support resources as needed. Collaborate with internal IT team and business owners to monitor and ensure quality of data end to end.
- Provide technical support and expertise for SaaS Cloud solutions for internal customer requirements.
Assist with eCommerce, Oracle EBS, and SaaS security and user access (i.e., creating and removing users and responsibilities). Maintain List of Values as necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous administrative, technical, and maintenance tasks to support proper application operations, which includes appropriate status reporting.
Participate in local IT groups for Oracle Application, Magento, and any other pertinent organizations.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years supporting eCommerce websites and integrations
- Experience in assessing and documenting business processes and design, converting requirements from functional into technical, and ensuring resulting system changes are of high quality, meeting business requirements
- Experience with handling support issues under tight time constraints
SPECIFIC OR ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- Detail oriented with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment without losing momentum
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer communication skills
- Able to consult with users for gathering requirements and specifications
- Able to create training materials and conduct training classes
- Strong project and time management skills
- Motivated team player, customer service minded, and able to complete tasks with minimum supervision
- Able to work after hours and during weekends as needed
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, LICENSES, ETC.
- Technical development skills with SQL, PL/SQL, and Git/SVN strongly preferred
- Database experience and General Unix skills (ability to interact with servers via command line) preferred
- Knowledge of Magento and WordPress application frameworks is a plus
- Knowledge of Integration methodologies and technologies is a plus (SOAP, REST, RPC, ability to use and develop APIs)
Garden of Life EEO Statement:
Garden of Life LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Garden of Life family. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, military status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.