Postgres Database Administrator
South Florida Tech Hub
The Postgres Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical PostgreSQL database and other open source RDBMS systems (MySQL, Etc.), to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our enterprise applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What you’ll do here:
- Responsible for the monitoring and uptime of all production databases.
- Estimate PostgreSQL database capacities; develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any needed downtime.
- Set database usage standards with developers.
- Manage schema updates and code-driven DB changes with developers.
- Participate in application development projects and be responsible for the database architecture and design.
- Participate in the creation of development, staging, and production database instances, and the migration from one environment to another.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Recommend optimizations to existing application queries.
- Provide oversight and manage AWS cloud-native RDBMS and NoSQL DBs for new product lines
- Be a part of rotating on-call schedules.
- Support complex web-based applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum 3 years of experience working with PostgreSQL
2 years of experience as a PostgreSQL database administrator designing and deploying PostgreSQL databases on Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
Experience with AWS RDS offerings and support
Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
2 years of expert experience performing database performance analysis, system and statement SQL tuning.
Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
Extensive experience with additional database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident status required
Visa Sponsorship not available
Bonus points if you:
Have extensive AWS RDS experience
Experience with NoSQL technologies
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you need an accommodation seeking employment with DSS, Inc., please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (561) 284-7373. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.