INSTALLATION & TECHNICAL ANALYST
South Florida Tech Hub
The Installations and Technical Analysts triage and handle multi-channel, incoming customer requests for assistance with software and applications created by DSS, Inc. and its partners. The Analyst represents the department to its internal customers by using available resources and sound judgment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and maintains Service Desk (JIRA) queue to ensure internal customer requests are being addressed in a timely manner and in accordance with departmental standards and Office Level Agreements (OLA).
- Document service activity thoroughly and completely by creating accurate and detailed cases (Tickets) for all internal customer interactions.
- Create high quality and consistent written correspondence.
- Develops professional Information Technology experience to troubleshoot user environments, assists in developing and testing root cause theories, and provides customers with solutions to complex internal incidents and inquiries within a timely manner.
- Assigns incident priority based on impact and urgency as specified by definitions contained within OLA’s.
- Works towards becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on DSS Software applications through hands-on training and by attending technical training sessions.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining commercial technical documentation and knowledge base.
- Develops the skills to install DSS Software applications and backend DBMS products in-house
- Keep the team and management informed of issues, problems, and resolutions that may have an impact on their use of our products.
- Captures essential problem knowledge using structured knowledge articles.
- Shadows Installations and Technical Analyst II or above co-workers on external customer calls/tickets.
- Gives feedback to management on ways to improve operational efficiencies in Technical Services.
- Perform other duties as defined by the Manager, Technical Services to ensure success of the team, department and organization.
The preceding functions are examples of the work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and make a reasonable accommodation as needed.
- Is skilled in client support activities with 100% client focus and a strong commitment to following up on client issues until resolution
- Possesses proven aptitude for learning, retaining and understanding technical process, deployment of technology, and new software
- Responsive to emails and other forms of departmental electronic communications at all times
Ability to troubleshoot TCP/IP networking environments
- Possess expert analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively (maintaining accuracy and sensitivity) under tight timelines and schedules
- Ability to sense the importance or impact of issues and situations and take appropriate actions
- Ability to work from an organizational perspective as well as independently and as a contributing team member
- Possess excellent listening skills and a commitment to communicating in a clear, concise and timely manner at all times
- Ability to organize time effectively while identifying barriers to progress, proposing solutions and setting priorities
- Ability to be effective in a rapidly growing organization
- Ability to diffuse potentially confrontational situations with customers and stay focused on addressing the issue
- Proficiency in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to handle large volumes of email (approximately 25+ emails daily)
- Ability to handle large volumes of phone calls (approximately 15+ calls daily)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study
- Combination of experience and/or education can be substituted for degree
Years of experience in a similar role:
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role
Standing 10% per day
Sitting 70% per day
Walking 15% per day
Stooping 5% per day
Lifting If traveling, ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted (luggage, laptop etc.) Up to 10 lbs. unassisted, several times a day (laptop, office equipment, office supplies, etc.)
Computer Work 75 % per day
Telephone Work 30 % per day
Reading 10% per day
Other, please specify Travel unassisted up to 25% per year, via common carrier and/or personal automobile.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you need an accommodation seeking employment with DSS, Inc., please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (561) 284-7373. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.