South Florida Tech Hub
The Program Manager will be responsible for the effective transition of manufacturing operations between manufacturing sites or from outside suppliers to Carrier manufacturing sites ensuring operational readiness by coordinating multi-functional project integration and providing regular communication to executive leadership.
Area of Expertise:
Planning of technical design, system integration, cost and risk assessment, and effective analysis of total program. Execution of projects that align with Carrier Ops strategic direction by providing cross-functional guidance and expertise in the areas of manufacturing operations, quality, HR, IT and systems integration.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
• Operations headcount and cost analysis associated with the transition of manufacturing operations between Carrier electronics manufacturing locations
• Provide status updates through the passport process. Lead and communicate project milestones to the executive steering committee. Maintain complete project schedule by coordinating with cross functional team leaders and monitoring weekly dashboard. Accurate reporting and cross-team coordination of data.
• Provide analysis of operations, systems, resources and technology integration related to the transition project. Propose prioritized projects by creating and analyzing project paybacks with available Carrier manufacturing floorspace.
• Develop and execute capital and expense plans associated with the transfers of work
Level of Responsibility:
• Responsible for the coordination of timing and cost of the entire program with all organizations with significant scope and complexity.
• Contribute to Carrier by applying his/her advanced knowledge of finance, quality, operations and technology planning.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, MS Project and Powerpoint and ability to create and update presentations in preparation for executive leadership review. Assist with leadership of team meetings when necessary.
• Ability to lead teams and provide overall program coordination and direction to multiple functional areas as applicable to the impacted transitions.
Typical Educational Requirements:
• BA/BS degree w/6–10+ years experience
• MA/MS degree w/4–7+ years experience
High degree of proficiency in MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and MS Project Ability to communicate clearly across all levels of leadership Self-starter, highly motivated individual with the ability to work on their own without managerial or supervisory assistance.