Lead Front-End Software Development Engineer -
South Florida Tech Hub
This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in the U.S.
Office Depot is making a significant investment in its multibillion-dollar digital platform to drive growth in its range of B2B products & services. As a front end engineer in the digital organization you will be creating Office Depot’s next-generation of technology leveraging the full-stack of Public Cloud services, building and running micro-front ends in a containerized / Kubernetes environment. If you love to build and are passionate about creating a truly exceptional customer experience, we are looking for you!
1. Create new features or parts of internal/user facing applications, with the end user in mind providing the best experience
2. Develop components and libraries that are reusable and future-proof
3. Confident in using UI/UX designs or wireframes to create the respective code and the application for multiple browsers
4. Uses knowledge on React.js and its lifecycle to maximize components performance across different devices and browsers
5. Partners with technology teams throughout the organizations to build best-in-class customer experiences
6. Focus on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the Office Depot team
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study: Graduate degree preferred
Years of Experience: Minimum 7 years experience in related field
Experience in partnering cross-functionally across an organization.
Language Skills: •
Technical Competencies: •
Skills and Ability: • Solid understanding of React.js and its fundamentals, including modern features like hooks; hands on experience required
5-7+ years’ hands-on front-end development.
Working knowledge of React.js, including modern features like hooks, server side rendered React.js, isomorphic React.js, Next.js and redux- or saga-thunk state management tools.
Adept with RESTful APIs.
Familiarity with Webpack, Babel, NPM or other modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
Practical expertise with Git source code management.
Knowledge of Node.js is preferred. TypeScript, Storybook, automated testing is a plus.
Comfortable in agile work environments, partnering cross-functionally across an organization.
Ability to build frontends for multiple browsers while understanding their limitations. Mastery of overall browser rendering behavior, measuring and optimizing performance.
Ability to transfer business and stakeholder needs into a development project.
Detail-oriented team player with strong communication skills.
(People Soft, etc.)
Personal Attributes: • Team player
• Detail orientated
• Strong communicator