South Florida Tech Hub
Database Developer job in Miami | Robert Half
As part of our IT team, you will work closely with developers to ensure system consistency. You will also collaborate with administrators and clients to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solution attitude.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our database systems run effectively and securely on a daily basis.
• Design stable, reliable and effective databases.
• Optimize and maintain legacy systems.
• Modify databases according to requests and perform tests.
• Solve database usage issues and malfunctions.
• Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices.
• Gather user requirements and identify new features.
• Develop technical and training manuals.
• Provide data management support to users.
• Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements.
• Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols.
• Proven work experience as a Database developer.
• In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring).
• Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications.
• Hands-on experience with SQL.
• Excellent analytical and organization skills.
• An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field