Azure DevOps Engineer (Remote)
South Florida Tech Hub
Juniper by IMC is a fully integrated B2B commerce solution with a single central data management tool at its core, allowing sellers to seamlessly manage their wholesale business from end-to-end. Juniper offers a sales automation and commerce platform combined with a B2B e-commerce marketplace (JuniperMarket) that together empower sales teams, streamline product data management, and deliver real-time visibility across sales channels – driving business efficiency and growth. For more information about Juniper, visit www.JuniperCommerce.com.
Juniper is powered by International Market Centers (IMC), the world’s largest owner and operator of premier wholesale furniture, gift, home decor and apparel showrooms with more than 20 million square feet of space in High Point, N.C., Las Vegas and Atlanta. With the launch of the Juniper, IMC now provides the only omnichannel platform that seamlessly connects physical and digital wholesale commerce for the industries we serve. For more information, visit www.imcenters.com. IMC is a Blackstone and Fireside Investments portfolio company.
The Azure DevOps Engineer is responsible for supporting the development and release pipelines for delivery of code to various environments for the organization. They will work with team members closely in release planning, coding, scripting, testing and deployment to maximize automation and high-quality delivery of product to various environments.
The ideal candidate is passionate about software, enjoys working on a variety of platforms and projects, has a keen eye for detail, highly organized with a learning mindset and can work as part of a team and also independently.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Contributes to Release planning decisions aligning deployment processes with project needs
- Configures environments, tools, services in support of the product development.
- Develops and maintains deployment and automation scripts to deliver CI/CD capabilities
- Accelerates deployment with continuous monitoring and configuration management tools.
- Deploys new modules, upgrades or patches within the production environment
- Conducts application performance management activities to ensure continuous high performing application performance and scalability
- Collaborates across developers as part of a SCRUM team ensuring collective team productivity
- Participates in peer reviews and QA processes to drive higher quality
- Leverages agreed code and design practices including the use of the Chef framework
- Works on troubleshooting and debugging of applications
- Most important:
- Experience with Azure DevOps automation technologies, products and services, especially in infrastructure as code, application and microservices development, automation and scripting.
- Hands on development experience in full life cycle of complex software deployment projects
- Experience with SOA, Microservices, RESTful Web Services, Windows Services, NETMVC, WebAPI, Threading, LINQ, Lambda Expressions, Generics
- Experience on C#, T-SQL, Visual Studio, Git
- Experience in with Azure Devops, BitBucket, Octopus Deploy, Github, Jenkins
- Experience in CI/CD and Provisioning tools (Azure Resource Manager, Azure Pipelines, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, etc)
- Experience operating version control platforms (Azure Devops Repos, Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab, etc)
- Strong understanding and experience with REST API’s, both consuming and developing
- Supporting internal and external customer across multiple platforms.
- Developing tools and processes to improve the overall customer experiences
- Thoughtful practitioner of software engineering methodologies, frameworks and tools including leading Agile/Scrum (or similar) methodologies
- Understanding of cloud security
- Practical experience in at least one of the following programming languages – C#, Python, Node.JS, Ruby, Java, PHP etc.
- Experience with enterprise application integration and frameworks
- Experience with the Azure Services, Functions, Logic Apps, WebJobs, ServiceBus, Storage, etc
- Experience with of NoSQL, Caching and high-volume application performance
- PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Most important:
- Leadership Skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work within a team environment
- Can zoom from big picture to detail
- Creative thinking, problem solving, and decision making
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter
- Can work and collaborate effectively remotely
- Able to ramp-up quickly
- Ability to direct collaborative efforts of multiple teams
- Experience with appropriate organization complexity
- Experience with appropriate organization size
- Teaching / Coaching Skills
- Strong writing, presentation, and documentation skills
- Desirable, but not required:
- Experience in position’s geographical region
- 2nd language
- Experience in Real Estate
- Most important:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.