Director of Government Affairs
South Florida Tech Hub
We’re Social Mobile, one of the fastest growing technology companies in Florida. As a mobility solutions provider, we offer services critical to organizations that are looking to bring to market innovative mobile products. In layman’s terms, you ask? Well, we design, engineer, and manufacture unique mobile solutions that enable some of the most interesting companies in the world (some of which you likely use regularly) to bring smart solutions to market quickly and efficiently, and then we deploy and support these large-scale fleets of devices to make our client’s business operations even easier.
Our clients come from diverse industries, many of which form the cornerstones of our modern society, including healthcare, retail, defense and food delivery. So, in a sense, working at Social Mobile means you’ll be helping to enhance and streamline the functioning of our everyday lives.
Still reading? Well, here’s what WE’RE looking for. The ideal Social Mobile employee is someone who is accountable, can work independently or as part of a team, and has an interest in propelling innovative technology into the broader ecosystem. We’re looking for team members that will speak their mind, accept feedback, and continue to drive our growth.
If you think you fit the bill, and you’re curious to hear more, we’d love to see your application.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Government Affairs to join the Social Mobile team. This critical role will work with federal, state, and local leadership to develop and achieve the company’s policy, political, business and relationship goals. As the Director of Government Affairs, you will help develop political and legislative strategy, monitor relevant federal and state matters, establish partnerships with institutions, and build Social Mobile’s relationship in the public and government affairs arena.
- Establish working relationships with US elected officials (federal, state, and local) and their staff, executive branch and federal agency officials, trade associations and industry coalitions.
- Evaluate existing and proposed federal, state, and local legislation and regulations of importance and the effect/potential effect on Social Mobile, our partners, and clients.
- Monitor policy, advocacy and media landscape related to Social Mobile, our partners, and clients.
- Participate, serve, and assume leadership positions on industry-related associations, steering committees, and networking organizations to protect and promote company interests.
- Direct strategies to ensure regulations and legislation positively impact Social Mobile’s products, operations, and clients.
- Negotiate and align policy with Social Mobile goals and strategy.
- Identify and apply for relevant workforce development funding.
- Work directly with executive leadership to write, prepare, and submit corporate, foundation, and government grant proposals.
- Employees will be required to adhere to Social Mobile’s information security policies and procedures
- 5+ years of experience in government role or in a federal regulatory agency, trade association, or in political organizations OR 5+ years of experience in grant writing/fundraising role.
- Excellent knowledge of the political/legislative/regulatory environment for technology and mobile devices in North America.
- Proven, effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a variety of company management, legislators and other elected/appointed officials, regulators, staff of trade associations and other key stakeholders.