Lead, Learning Program Implementation
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Lead, Learning Program Implementation individual is a key member of the WOW team specializing in learning and development (L+D). located at Royal Caribbean’s Miami headquarter office. This role is part of the Win on Waste team within the Food & Beverage department. The role consists of understanding the Win on Waste project and will help develop learning programs and cascade and implement them to the fleet. You must have deep practical experience delivering and administering learning programs at-scale, through a variety of delivery methods (e.g., instructor-led training, eLearning). This individual is expected to be proficient with program / project management skills, enterprise-wide communications, learning delivery/facilitation, and knowledgeable with adult learning and change management principles. Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures that are necessary for a comprehensive learning programming and savvy in instructional design. This role is funded by capital project and contract based.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in partnership with the Instructional Design WOW team through all project phases from concept to final delivery of learning products (e.g., eLearning, video, instructor-led, web, print, manager planning guides) to design the communication, tracking, and implementation strategy to deploy projects across the fleet.
- Lead all on-board logistics, communication, and serve as the fleet’s point-of-contact associated with Embark job skills training project.
- Lead all learning delivery, communication, and logistics associated with purpose-built as well as special/short-term learning delivery needs (e.g., Testing scenarios, Ships, Islands).
- Develop, write and execute training programs including course content, presentations and e-learning content and own the communication strategy and associated content / resources for WOW project.
- Plan and conduct routine ship visits to meet with relevant SMEs, L+D consultants, and shipboard leaders to observe learning program adoption in-use, conduct individual and group focus groups to collect feedback, and manage through any challenges.
- Proactively solicit feedback from stakeholders to make appropriate adjustments with particular emphasis on pilot tests prior to enterprise-wide roll-out.
- Build and maintain client relationships across all departments (IT, Culinary, Shipboard teams) to gather relevant and timely information from subject matter experts (SME), brand and operations leaders that influence timelines and adoption rates of programs (e.g., pilot tests, ship, and island rollouts).
- Identify long-range impact of all learning programs across the enterprise with senior L+D leaders to appropriately identify the impact to the business / operation.
- Track and proactively report out relevant learning metrics associated with the WOW project.
- Collaborate frequently with shoreside and shipboard teams working on the project.
- Ensure the delivery and implementation of all programs administered to end-users maintain high standards of excellence with project management, communication, and coordination among various stakeholders engaged. Ensure the latest information is digitally available online and to the end user.
Responsible for overall project management and oversight of projects assigned (e.g., scope, timing of deliverables, feedback & review sessions, costs). Responsible for maintaining relationships with internal customer and external vendors and track contracted scopes of work and deliverables to project and WOW budgets. Responsible for timely processing and tracking of all vendor invoices associated with the project. Analyze internal and external vendor spend and make recommendations for budget projections.
- 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Education, Business, Communications, Hospitality, or related field.
- 7+ years of related work experience delivering / implementing training programs, products, and solutions. Experience managing and developing others.
- Experience managing internal teams and external vendors / freelance contractors.
- Excellent written communication skills. Preferred Experience: Graduate / post-graduate degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Business, or Communications.
- Hospitality industry / cruise expertise preferred.
- Practical experience working on and leading projects where photo and video shoots are required.
- Demonstrated success working in a complex, service-intensive, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated success in working with and influencing cross-functional work teams in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines and in high pressure situations.
- History of consistently delivering positive business results.
- History of developing others and self in the learning / training discipline.
- History of external involvement in professional associations and learning-related organizations.
- Additionally, have some F&B experience and ideally have two years project management experience as well as knowledge of adult learning principles and training methods is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders at varying levels of management with credibility.
- Ability to be detailed oriented, while maintaining alignment with broader organization objectives.
- Ability to troubleshoot, overcome challenges by adjusting approach, and effectively coaching others on the team based on client feedback.
- Working knowledge of photo and video shoot lifecycle all phases from pre- though post-production.
- Comfort with complexity, ambiguity, and change. Comfort with abstract concepts and ideas as initial business needs are scoped.
- Confidence with translating client needs into forward-thinking products and solutions.
- Possess strong content writing ability, creativity, attention to detail and excellent proofing and editing skills.
- Self-starter with self-confidence, enthusiasm, and strong customer service orientation.
- Manages time well, correctly prioritizes tasks, and is flexible.