Specialist, Ent Technical Recruiting
Royal Caribbean Group
In this role, the Recruiter takes and evolves the prescribed vision for attracting high quality Entertainment technician talent to staff our evolving fleet and Live Entertainment program. This would be achieved by presenting, applying and developing recruitment strategies that outline what it will take to attract the talent required to achieve the staffing levels. Based upon hiring best practices and global trends, the Recruiter will need to continually evolve the recruiting strategy throughout time. This role has daily interaction with Entertainment Technical Operations team so the Recruiter can understand current and future staffing needs and working with RCI Talent Acquisition and international hiring partners to ensure qualified candidate hiring and accurate placement through the hiring process.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university, and entertainment facilities as a source to generate qualified applicants. Furthermore, collaborating with these institutions for tailoring their technical theater curriculum in an effort to prepare potential candidates for employment with Royal Caribbean International.
- Identifies and reports out the operational staffing needs by collaborating with the scheduling team and future ship requirements along with taking into consideration attrition rates.
- Developing job fair, convention booth “presence” to stand out from the rest of the industry exhibitors. Identifies, validates, schedules, builds budgets and attends job/career fairs, and other relevant outreach events. Then follows up with potential talents for interviews and onboarding protocols.
- Oversees Social Media outreach for all Technical Entertainment recruiting and activity.
- Ensures Entertainment Technical marketing materials such as reels and other relevant video content are collected and remain up to date, which leads to the creation of branded, cutting-edge media as needed.
- After reviewing and sorting resumes, Recruiter (working with Talent Acquisition) will schedule and facilitate face to face or video interviews with potential candidates to validate live entertainment technical competency, ensuring the candidate is a proper fit with Royal Caribbean Productions
- Assists with placing candidates into proper areas based on their work history, education, talents, training, and job skills.
- Ensures Technician Database is current with all new technical employees and past candidates.
- Develops and refines programs and processes for assiting with recruitement programs.
- Travels for recruitment purposes is required.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Qualifications and Education
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communications and ability to learn how live entertainment technology is relevant to our product.
- Demonstrates expertise with authoring and producing thorough and accurate reports, business correspondence, along with policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, multicultural candidates and employees.
- Capability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Being a visionary that can execute the identified programs is critical in this evolving role.
- Strong electronic data organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft 365, SharePoint, MS Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator, and willingness to learn additional programs as the job dictates.
- Oversees the recruiting budget
- The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements employees must meet to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a pc, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations, and may lift, push, pull or move 10 - 15 pounds. Visual requirements include distant, close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The environment includes work inside/outside the office. This role is based at the Entertainment Studios in North Miami Beach.