Surety Producer Manager
Royal Caribbean Group
Reporting to the Director of Insurance, the Surety Producer Manager will be responsible for monitoring all Company bonding and guaranty requirements for both recurring operations and ad-hoc situations, ensuring adequate coverage is maintained to meet regulatory and/or contractual requirements. This includes monitoring operational metrics that drive required bonding levels by jurisdiction and business developments and/or transactions that drive one-time or temporary bonding and guaranty requirements. This role will liaise with brokers, banks and surety providers, Treasury, Legal and the business in general to ensure adequate coverage is consistently maintained at the lowest cost to Royal Caribbean Group.
This role will also work with the Director of Insurance and the VPs of Risk Management and Treasury to develop related strategies to maintain adequate bonding / guarantee coverage in the most effective and efficient manner possible, including minimizing collateral requirements and/or commitments, related costs and working capital commitments.
This role will also be the point person for all relevant brokers and surety providers and banks (in coordination with Treasury) to continuously develop and maintain capacity for bonding and guaranty requirements. This role will help drive negotiations with these relevant parties working to expand available options and obtain the best terms and conditions for the Group on all surety and guaranty services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an up to date inventory of current bonding/guarantee requirements and coverage including collateral commitments and associated costs and coverage.
- Monitor bonding and guaranty requirements in relation to operational metrics that drive regulatory requirements and business developments that require one-off and/or ad-hoc bonding/guarantees.
- Accurately represent current bonding and guaranty requirements and associated costs to Management.
- Seek constant improvement in bonding and guaranty coverage, cost and collateral requirements.
- Liaise with business operations, Treasury and Legal departments to ensure these requirements are clearly defined and up to date.
- Serve as the point person for related brokers and surety/guarantee underwrites and well as Corporate Treasury to ensure adequate coverage options are available.
- Work with the director of Insurance to develop a longer-term strategy for meeting bonding/guarantee requirements in the most effective and efficient manner possible including minimizing related costs, collateral requirements / commitments, and working capital usage.
- Work with the Accounting team to ensure proper accounting treatment of all bonding / guarantee requirements / transactions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in risk management, Accounting or Finance, or related discipline required.
- 3+ years of treasury/accounting/finance or related experience.
- Experience in the surety / bonding market with either related underwriters, banks and/or brokers.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits a very strong attention to detail.
- Proven track records of being a change agent in improving and institutionalizing processes.
- Demonstrated leadership, influencing, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong systems knowledge including Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
We know there is a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We will hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment