Manager, SEO and Content Optimization
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Royal Caribbean Group’s Global eCommerce Team has an exciting career opportunity for a full time Manager, SEO and Content Optimization reporting to the AVP, eCommerce Brand Experience.
The Manager, SEO and Content Optimization will fulfill search and content optimization project management duties and lead and execute day-to-day content and technical optimization tasks for Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean to help to increase search visibility and drive qualified traffic and cruise bookings.
Working in close partnership with team members across product, design, marketing, analytics and IT, this position will execute the strategy and roadmap for organic search and content strategy related projects. The Manager, SEO and Content Optimization will define new opportunities based on data, resources and budget, and collaborate with our UX, SEO, Content, Marketing, International and Product teams to create innovative customer experiences.
This position works on-site in Miami, Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT: This role will be responsible for leading, developing the strategy, and project managing all SEO initiatives for both Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean websites, including technical, content and link building projects, problem-solving SEO issues, reporting on project status to key stakeholders, and helping ensure projects are completed on-time and on-budget. The Manager, SEO and Content Optimization is also responsible for managing the annual SEO budget, toolset, contracts, and relationships with agencies supporting SEO efforts. Finding efficiencies across brands is critical for success.
- AUDITS & RECOMMENDATIONS: Perform audits to determine what is preventing the site from achieving its SEO goals, as well as proactively identify where strategic risks and opportunity exists. Audit SEO technical features, functionality, site architecture, information hierarchy, content, and links. Document and prepare product requirements. Ensure action items are communicated with the appropriate team member and or agency and see recommendations through execution.
- ON-PAGE OPTIMIZATION: Perform on-page optimization (AKA on-page SEO) to improve landing pages’ position in the search rankings. Own day-to-day execution of organic search engine campaigns, including researching new trends, keyword research, content gap recommendations, strategic optimization of existing content, competitor analysis, site improvements, ad hoc support, working with copywriters to create new content and conducting A/B meta data tests.
- COLLABORATION & PARTNERSHIP: Educate product, UX, and development teams and partners on current industry trends and methodologies. Partner with content and product to implement SEO standards during site redesigns, new product enhancements, and site features. Work with cross-market editorial teams to create content strategies for each brand and work on executing evergreen strategies for existing and new content.
- REPORTING & DATA ANALYSIS: Define goals for the program. Maintain up-to-date reporting metrics as provided by the internal Business Intelligence team. Catalog and organize master reporting docs to refer to on an ongoing basis. Collect data from 3rd party tools on an as-needs basis to support broader reporting needs. Review and analyze data and provide corresponding insights and recommendations. Execute SEO tactics based on goals and actionable recommendations.
- COMPETITION & MARKET RESEARCH: Research competitor websites to discover new opportunities to incorporate into the organic search strategy and monitor competitor’s messaging, content strategy, and rankings. Prepare findings and share with stakeholders.
- RESEARCH, TESTING & EXPERIMENTATION: Continuously research and stay informed on SEO trends, algorithm updates, new SERP opportunities, new technologies, etc. Build an SEO testing plan for new strategies and tactics to learn and improve search visibility. Experiment with new tools to improve efficiencies and scale the enterprise program. This role needs to be a driving force for innovation.
- BUILD & MANAGE TEAM: Source, hire, lead and mentor direct report, contractors, and vendors to help increase SEO and content optimization program productivity and scale while achieving objectives quicker.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 7 years of organic search and content strategy experience
- Minimum 3 years leading an SEO program for an enterprise website.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Experience working in or with agencies.
- Experience with working with Fortune 500 companies or similar.
- Proven track record – Applicants must submit websites that demonstrate their SEO ability and be prepared to discuss.
- Expert understanding of SEO techniques, tools, digital channels, and proactively keeping up to date with the latest innovations.
- SME on Schema markups, scaling on-page content with UGC, Single Page App SEO, multifacted search and multilingual/multi-regional SEO best practices.
- Expert user of SEO and analytical software such as Google Search Console, Adobe Analytics, Ahrefs, SEMRush and other standard web analytics platforms.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert SEO copywriting skills.
- Analytical and proactive thinker with a self-starter personality.
- Excellence in managing to tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Strong communication skills and excellent grammar.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Adobe Experience Manager or similar CMS.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.