Analyst, Port Operations
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
This position supports the land operations group which includes Guest Port Services, Port Operations, and any other applicable areas in the organization. Receives, reviews, compiles, tracks, processes, and verifies accuracy of incoming invoices according to department and company guidelines and standards. Assigns expense codes and communicates expense allocation to various applicable departments. Monitors accounting invoice records, contractual agreements, advance payment requirements, and communicates with vendors as required. Perform comparative analysis of incoming invoices by using a database of contract billing information and connected expense allocation and payments, communicating discrepancies and finding resolutions as required. This includes tracking the receipt of invoices and reviewing for complete accuracy, auditing and compliance guidelines adherence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify coding components and apply codes accordingly and accurately using internal invoice tracking tool.
- Ensure accurate reporting and absence of duplication. Communicate any expense allocation to applicable departments.
- Ensure vendors are invoicing according to timelines established, and that subsequent payments are issued according to established timelines.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and their respective invoicing departments, and address any issues.
- Ensure invoices are reviewed, authorized, and signed by appropriate management and that the processed invoices are forwarded to the Accounts Payable Department in a timely and appropriate manner according to guidelines.
- Interact and communicate with Port Agents and other related groups or departments when necessary.
- Maintain and coordinate accounting data reports in a standard and organized manner for each separate land operations group.
- Prepare and execute bank transfer wires when authorized and necessary.
- Use IMS, Tungsten, JDEdwards, or other internal systems as a verification tool when applicable.
- Assist in any operational needs.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in Finance, Accounting, or other analytical positions preferred.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and a demonstrated ability to work independently and use proper judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including business writing required.
- Working knowledge in computer systems, including Excel, Word and Access
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunities to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.