Coordinator, Accounting Balancing
Royal Caribbean Group
Records all voyage revenues and expenses related to Gross Ticket Revenue, Gross Tour Revenue, Gross Other Revenue, Travel Agent Commissions, Transportation and Lodging, Tour Expenses and Other expenses for assigned vessels. Responsible for multiple vessels with related revenues and expenses of $1B+.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform voyage extraction of data from the reservation system.
- Verify, validate and update extraction for errors and omissions which can include the following:
- Passenger counts are in accordance with finalized manifest
- Journal entries are created for all relevant components on cruise reservations
- All applicable accounting standards have been applied (ie¿stevedoring)
- All voyage exceptions identified have been resolved (ie¿omissions of air tickets, trip insurance costs, taxes, invalid JD Edwards account numbers etc¿)
- Reasonableness of voyage results (ie¿review of APDs on related itineraries)
- Review full and partial ship charter contracts prior to sailing and ensure that all charges, commissions and complimentary amenities are properly reflected.
- Perform voyage extraction of Expanded Amenities to record revenues and expenses related to prepaid amenity activity.
- Process Monies on Board Payment Transactions related to prepaid group items. Coordinate resolution of discrepancies with Operations Accounting and Group Department (including international offices) as appropriate.
- Process Authorization for Change requests for adjustments to be made to previously recorded voyages.
- Maintain option codes tables with proper mapping to general ledger accounts based on requests from marketing, groups, revenue management and others.
- Perform research and maintenance duties related to the final termination of voyages.
- Query data from AS400 reservations system files to support processes and procedures as needed. Create Excel reports in Excel as requested.
- Compile requested documents and provide walkthrough of processes as needed in conjunction with internal and independent audits and Sarbanes-Oxley reviews and testing.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and processes as requested by management.
- Working knowledge of IBM AS400 environment and experience with JD Edwards or similar accounting system.
- Working knowledge of PC Spreadsheet and word processing applications such as Word and Excel.
- Working Knowledge of automated computer system and email applications such as Lotus Notes.
- Knowledge of cruise industry.
- Ability to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Ability to function in a high volume environment as well as handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to properly communicate with various departments concerning voyage verification and validation related issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and oral communication skills.
- Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- THIS IS ONSITE IN FLORIDA